Introduce myself

Information About New V8 Registry Members Names

Introduce myself

Postby Manuel Ortiz » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I just joined the registry looking for some information and help on my corvair build. I recently found a 1965 corvair in a shed and offered the owner some money and he sold it to me. I thought it was a good looking car and I have never seen one before. I was born in the 80's.....lol.

I love to build cars, race cars, anything to do with speed you will find me there.

I was told by the owner you could fit a V8 in the back. When I was told that I was sold.

The car was being build by an unknown person who had left the build halfway. The car had aluminum paneling inside and in the engine bay, has been lowered, pro comp seats, a skeleton of an engine with a Monza trans axle.

I am looking for the mid engine convertion kit. If anyone has one please contact me. 6198887084. I'm not made out of money so please be reasonable. I'm kind of on a budget build here.

Thanks
Manuel Ortiz

Re: Introduce myself

Postby WarWagon » Fri May 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome, glad you picked up the Corvair. I'm around the same age as you and have a Crown conversion and these machines are fun. No good on the Crown or Kelmark mid kita anymore it's just not happening unless you find a roller or someone removing a kit from a chassis to upgrade. Partial kits perhaps hit and miss.
Adam Knoll
Fairmont, W.V.
'65 Corsa 140 turbo DD
'66 Crown V8 Vair 5.3 LS
'66 Buick Riviera GS
'84 Isuzu Impulse Buick 3.8
'84 Buick Regal 3.8 blowthru turbo
'13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD
'19 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3 LT
WarWagon

Postby Manuel Ortiz » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Thank you for the replies. My plan is​ to use an sbc with a Porsche 986 5 speed transaxles. I was looking for the actual engine mount for mid engine or if anyone had any blue print of the bars or pictures of the engine mount.

Thank you
Manuel Ortiz

Postby Manuel Ortiz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:18 am

Well here is were I'm at far finish the axles conversion on the Porsche transaxle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Manuel Ortiz

Postby John Edwards » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:02 pm

Glad to see that with me numbers. I just joined in October and purchased a 66 with a kelmark conversion. I do not like this conversion. I do like the Porsche conversion you are using. Have you gotten any further with your project I would like to see pictures if you have more pictures and your comments on how this conversion is working for you.
John Edwards
Beaverton, Oregon
John Edwards

Postby Louisville Lanning » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome Manuel. As best I can tell, you are the first member to use the Porsche 986 Transaxle. Best wishes as you progress with your build.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to NEW V8 REGISTRY MEMBERS