Jeff Rand Intro

Information About New V8 Registry Members Names

Jeff Rand Intro

Postby 66VairV8 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 am

Hello, I recently purchased John Arnold's car and now I am trying to figure out a way to pay for it. I actually have 4 Corvairs and two will be sold in the near future so the focus is on that effort. I live in So. Ca. and can't wait until I can leave this state (freeways are a little too crazy for me. Seems like posted speed limits are just reference numbers). Engine is a stroker 383 (435 HP) with a Corvair 4 speed and differential. MSD throttle body FI with a MSD distributor and 6A box.
Items that I need addressing on the V8 are seats(currently racing seats with a 5 point harness), noise and heat control and seating position. Wiring needs to be cleaned up as well. I have been in touch with some local members (Chuck and Archibald) and as soon as we get past the holidays I am sure I can get the car over to them to get their suggestions. Looking forward to attending events and meeting this select group of members.
Jeff
Jeff Rand
Wildomar, Ca
'66 Crown Monza
'65 Corsa
'65 Corsa Convertible
'68 Monza Convertible 140 4 speed
'87 Buick GN
66VairV8

Re: Jeff Rand Intro

Postby Doug Andress » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Welcome to the group Jeff, great bunch of gear heads in the forum. I know you will enjoy .
I see you have a GN (in your sig) a fun ride too, as point interest I am in the process of
Putting a Turbo Buick V6 in the rear of my Corvair .
Doug Andress
Madeira Park B.C.
'65 / Turbo Buick V6
325-4l Transaxle, 3.36 ratio
Front mounted radiator
Doug Andress

Re: Jeff Rand Intro

Postby 66VairV8 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:36 pm

You will like that turbo Buick V6. Easy to bump it up to 500 or 600 hp safely. I had an '87 GN that turned into a race car (parachute, wheelie bars etc). It had a TA aluminum Buick V6 and it generated 1200 HP before I sold it. Currently I have an '86 GN and when I get done with Corvairs I will install the stroker 3.8 (254 cu in) sitting on the stand. Good luck with your project.
Jeff
Jeff Rand
Wildomar, Ca
'66 Crown Monza
'65 Corsa
'65 Corsa Convertible
'68 Monza Convertible 140 4 speed
'87 Buick GN
66VairV8

Return to NEW V8 REGISTRY MEMBERS