Pittsburg Convention Details

We Are Expecting A Large Turnout Of V8 Cars and Have Some Great Activities Planned.

Pittsburg Convention Details

Postby Rick Andersen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 am

Click Here http://corvairpittsburgh.com/ to access the convention website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: Pittsburg Convention Details

Postby WarWagon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks for the event info.
Adam Knoll
Fairmont, W.V.
'65 Corsa 140 turbo DD
'66 Crown V8 Vair 5.3 LS
'66 Buick Riviera GS
'84 Isuzu Impulse Buick 3.8
'84 Buick Regal 3.8 blowthru turbo
'13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD
'19 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3 LT
WarWagon

Postby pbeck » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm planning on attending. God willin and the creek don't rise. Have my hotel reservations done but still have to register for the Convention. I'll trailer the car, mainly for convenience and lugage space but also cause I just installed an upgraded C5 differential. Moved from a 3.17 ratio to a 3.73, might use a little more gas. I'm not doing the road course although I did enjoy the last Olympics at Indy and the road course. Will take part in the autoX.
Also looking forward to the outing at John and Claudia Black's house and hopefully we'll have a great turnout.
See youall there.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby Louisville Lanning » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:54 am

Here's some additional information for those undecided members. The CORSA convention this July promises to be unique. This should be the ultimate destination for V-8 Registry members. Here's the reason:

On Monday, July 23, the Northeast Corvair Council is hosting a track day event at Pittsburgh International Raceway to get the convention started. This should be a great opportunity to show off what your car can do in a track event. Here's a link to more information: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/

On Thursday, July 26th the Registry will hold it's Annual Meeting. This year we will conduct the meeting of site at the BBQ Party hosted by John Black at his home. We will provide more details about this event as the convention appoaches. We are expecting a big turn out for BBQ, beer and comradery.

Then on Friday, July 27th there is the annual CORSA Autocross. Here's your chance to let the Corvair Community see what a fire breathing V-8 Corvair can do on twisting course with hopefully a few 'generous' straight a ways. We hope to have a record breaking turnout of V-8 cars for this event. In addition, the Registry is offering prize money to our members up to $200.00. There are two awards. One prize of $100 for the best time among the V-8 cars and $100 if a V-8 Car takes FTD for the event.

Get those cars ready to run and let's plan to have some fun. More to follow
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Postby 65CrownV8 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:40 pm

John,

Do we have an address for the meeting yet? Spouses welcome? Also, I would like to bring a corvair friend along with me, any additional cost?

Looking forward to seeing some of my old stomping grounds.

Thanks!
George D. Jones
65CrownV8
East Orlando, FL
65 Crown V8 Convertible
65CrownV8

Return to 2018 Pittsburgh CORSA Convention