65 Monza Coupe V-8 Conversion

Check This Category For Cars That Are For Sale And Cars That Are Wanted.

65 Monza Coupe V-8 Conversion

Postby Louisville Lanning » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 am

There a recently posted Corvair Conversion for sale in Aberta, Canada. It's a 65 Monza coupe with a FI 5.3 V-8 and 4-speed manual transmission. The car is listed as having many new parts and new burgundy paint. Price: $18,000

Call 404-846-3952 for details. Here's a link to the ad: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/re ... ontent=vip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Louisville Lanning on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding picture
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Re: 65 Monza Coupe V-8 Conversion

Postby tjim01 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Looks like $17,000 now...
tjim01

Postby Calgary Klassen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

this car is a fresh build with a 5.3 LS truck motor I have talked ( texted ) the guy many times it looks like a very solid build and he has put a few test miles on it and don't forget its in CANADIAN DOLLARS 17,000 CDN = 12,750 USD APROX the guy is not a corvair guy I think he just built it to flip bit looks like a solid car like I said he lives aprox 120 miles form me if anyone is serious I can go look at the car and as I have a Crown car with many many actual driving miles I can give you an opinion if it seems to be good or a rolling wreck

Ken
email me at kkklassen@shaw.ca or text me 1-403-990-4125
69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Postby Calgary Klassen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am

Well the fun has started anyone interested in Importing a car into the USA that has a MOTOR and drive train less than 21 years old has to be cautious

"Section 3: Exclusions

Some vehicles are excluded from the motor vehicle emission requirements of the Clean
Air Act. Reasons for exclusion include vehicle age (i.e., manufactured prior to the regulations),
fuel type, maximum speed, exclusive use for competition or racing, or lack of features associated
with practical street or highway use. Please note that some vehicles excluded from the motor
vehicle requirements may be subject to non-road vehicle and emission standards which have
become effective in recent years.

Vehicles at Least 21 Years Old
A vehicle is exempted if it has been 21 years or more since its original production year
and it is in its original unmodified condition. Vehicles in any condition may be excluded if they
were manufactured prior to the year in which EPA's regulations for the class of vehicle took
effect. Vehicles at least 21 years old with replacement engines are not eligible for this
exemption unless they contain equivalent or newer EPA certified engines and emission control
systems. Upon entry, the importer must file an EPA Form 3520-1 with Customs and declare
code "E" on the form. "

this applies to the drive line not the car so in my opinion anyone looking for a period correct build has very little issue

BUT IN MY OPINION IF YOU COME TO CANADA AND BRING THE CAR ACCROSS THE BORDER YOUR SELF YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY FORMS TO DEAL WITH
MY FRIEND FROM WASHINGTON STATE BOUGHT A 1965 PONTIAC AND ALL HE NEEDED WAS A BILL OF SALE AND INSURANCE WHEN HE CROSSED AND THAT WAS LESS THAN 1 YEAR AGO
THE PAPER WORK WORK IS FOR IMPORTERS NOT US CITIZENS BRINIG A CAR BACK PLEASE CHECK AS I MAY BE WRONG BUT IT IS WORTH A LOOK

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT TO READ

69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Return to CARS FOR SALE & CARS THAT ARE WANTED