Power brake booster mounting

Systems, Components, Upgrades and Modifications

Power brake booster mounting

Postby pbeck » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Has anyone done a 90 degree mount for their booster and master cylinder ? I'm pretty sure I have seen that modification on someone's car just can't remember whose. I'm going to have to replace my master cylinder anyway so figured just as well take it to the next step.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Re: Power brake booster mounting

Postby Richard Miller » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:32 pm

are you going to try to put it under the dash ? or just at 90 in the trunk area ? google search for 90 degree master cylinder mount turns up a lot of options for under dash mounting ,,popular in street rods ,, Speedway is one source ,, I imagine that would be difficult to check fluid level ,,,now if you want to turn it sideways under the hood ,, I remembered a van had that setup ,, turns out it was a dodge ,, a search found threads on jalopy journal ,, but it wouldn't load ..but my search string was VAN 90 DEGREE MASTER CYLINDER MOUNT ,,I have seen master and booster straight out under hood ,, do you have interference going straight forward ? I think it was a "master power setup " IIRC
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Re: Power brake booster mounting

Postby Goodman Alabama » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Paul, David Baeckelandt has a 90 degree setup in his car, originally built by Bob Brownell... not sure if the spelling is correct on the builder.
65 Corsa Coupe Crown Project, 350
65 GTO Convertible Tri-Power, 4 speed
67 Cutlass Supreme Convertible LS3-4LE85
70 El Camino SS396
06 GTO 6 speed
11 Accord 6 speed Coupe
05 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
14 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Goodman Alabama

Return to BRAKES, SUSPENSION AND STEERING GEAR