Pressure Bleeding The Brakes

Systems, Components, Upgrades and Modifications

Pressure Bleeding The Brakes

Postby Depere Hannon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Does anyone of someone that had to pressure bleed a new dual master? I am putting my new V8 car together and having trouble getting brakes. Clutch came up right away. It is such a simple system. I am missing something.
Mike Hannon
Depere, Wi
'65 Crown V8 Corsa
Depere Hannon

Re: Pressure Bleeding The Brakes

Postby Rick Andersen » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:33 pm

I built a pressure bleeding system for brakes a number of years ago. I got a piece of steel 1/2" thick (probably overkill ), cut it a little larger than the master cylinder top, drilled and tapped it to accept an air hose male connector. I used cork gasket material on the facing side. I usually clamp it to the master cylinder with a large "c" clamp, then attach an air hose from a regulated pressure source. About 20# of pressure works good. Only problem is that you have to turn it around to do both reservoirs. Could probably add another air chuck but I just kept it simple. Has worked great and you don't have to have help bleeding the system. I also use a clear hose out of the bleeder inserted into a small catch can with brake fluid added so there is a lot less mess and no chance of drawing air back into the system, plus the plastic line makes it easy to see the air coming out. Sometimes it takes a while to get all the air out, just make sure to keep checking the level in the master cylinder.

Paul Beck
V8 Registry Treasurer
Pearl, Illinois
Crown V8 Coupe
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Return to BRAKES, SUSPENSION AND STEERING GEAR