Springs

Systems, Components, Upgrades and Modifications

Springs

Postby sherwood park rexin » Thu May 12, 2016 12:11 am

Springs are sagging on the Crown, so I ordered new from Clarks. The ones I wanted were backordered so I got the rear V8 springs and frt HD coupe. I had replaced the rear shocks with Koni's and have new adjustable Strider's for the front. Anyone run these combo's, or have any experience with them? Not sure if the front springs will be firm enough or the rears too firm. Rears are C6565, fronts are c762cp.
Gord
sherwood park rexin

Re: Springs

Postby Richard Miller » Thu May 12, 2016 12:24 am

I am running the same spring combo on my car , v8 rear and hd front .. I had to have the v8 rear shortened one coil at a local spring shop to get ride height down where I wanted it . front as is ,, lower a-arm parallel to ground ,, good height ,,car seems stiff ,, push down on a fender and there isn't much give ,, but I think it rides nicely..not rough,, and handling is to my taste . stable in oversteer ,, shocks were what Clarks was selling at the time ,, I think they are Columbus ,, set about half hard
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby sherwood park rexin » Thu May 12, 2016 10:01 am

Thanks Richard. Don't want to cut anything until I try it, had some rubbing issues with the new tires. I think the front will be fine but was a little worried about the rear springs.
Gord
sherwood park rexin

Postby Richard Miller » Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am

I should note that I raised the transaxle in the car so that when lowered the half shafts still run level from wheel end to trans end . so I had to cut the springs to get that
done . a car with stock location uncut springs will probably be fine ,, good luck and nice looking car
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby sherwood park rexin » Sat May 14, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks Richard!
sherwood park rexin

Return to BRAKES, SUSPENSION AND STEERING GEAR