Knoxville Followup

Results, Experiences and Photographs From The Convention

Knoxville Followup

Postby Louisville Lanning » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:21 am

It was absolutely great meeting so many of the Registry members and seeing their cars in person for the first time. As Paul Beck mentioned in his post, we had almost 30 members and guests at our Thursday night meeting, with 7 members bringing their conversions to the convention. We gave away a number door prizes including 3 shirts, a book entitled "The Corv-8" by Greg Riley and numerous window decals and Crown stickers. Our gratitude goes out to Chuck Rust with Star Silk Screen for donating the shirts and decals.

The judging committee met and based on originality presented the 2015 Ted Trevor Award to David Button. Both David and his wife Mary were excited to be selected. Congratulations, David. The perpetual trophy was presented to David along with a plaque for him to keep. Each year from this time on, the winner will keep the trophy until the next year. Each winner's name is engraved on the side.

John Black received the People's Choice Award based on voting from all CORSA members at the convention. A plaque was presented to John for his efforts in building a very striking conversion. Then John's son Cory went out on Friday and won the FTD award at the autocross. Both John and Cory know how to handle the horses produced by that 427 small block. The car stuck like glue to the course. Cory receives a $25 gift certificate from Clark's Corvair Parts for his win.

With anticipation, we look forward to seeing many of you next July in Springfield, IL and hopefully to meeting even more of our members.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Re: Knoxville Followup

Postby Fowlerville Hand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

I do wish I could have made the meeting but that was the same night as the cruise and that was the only activity the wife and I did. I was vending inside and I'm sure that I met a few of you.
Ken Hand
Corsa President
248 613 8586
www.corvairmechanic.com
Fowlerville Hand

Return to 2015 KNOXVILLE CORSA CONVENTION