Mark Moyer

Information About New V8 Registry Members Names

Mark Moyer

Postby Mark Moyer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:01 am

20230928_123854.jpg
I just brought home a 66 Crown car that has been sitting for at least 10 years. It's a Monza, with a Corsa dash, 1965 327-275 hp car with a 4bbl. Had a Maaco repaint in 2008 so it looks decent. Plan is to get it back on the street and drive it for a year, then sell it and find a nice AC Corsa daily driver that I can drop a rear V8 in eventuallly.

Homemade engine cover and more leg room than I expected. Crown headers (I think), 60s truck master for brake/clutch that is dry as a bone, 14" wheels, and I'm unsure about the diff. Never opened the diff on my 65 back in the 70s and my 64 Spyder diff was not a 4 spider setup so I am not sure what to look for. I'll post pictures.

Engine w not stay running when key is released from "start". There was no continuity across the ballast resistor so I'll start there. 4bbl is spewing fuel so that gets attention right away.

Please look at the suspension photos to help me ID the roll bars. The bushings have crumbled so I need to know whether to buy stock Corvair bushings or if there is a special Crown bushing.

Also need advice on installing a seatbelt and shoulder belt mechanism. Car had shoulder belts but I'd like to install modern belts that are one unit.

Lots more questions to come.

Thanks,
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Moyer
Wildwood, Missouri
Mark Moyer

Return to NEW V8 REGISTRY MEMBERS