Possibility of a 2/3 day drag strip event

Details On Upcoming Events

Possibility of a 2/3 day drag strip event

Postby pbeck » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Been having some online back and forth with Larry Jeffers (Larry Jeffers Race Cars, House Springs, MO.) . He also owns an 1/8th mile AHRA drag strip in Sikeston, MO. Might have seen his posts as Racer Mike or Backmotor Mike with his rear motored yellow 69 Corvair Funny Car. He is considering a "Corvair +" 2 or 3 day outing at the strip; Friday for Test and Tune and bench racing in the evening with refreshments in the pits, Saturday for racing and maybe Flea market and Sunday for awards and such. I've been in touch with John Lanning and he's trying to get hooked up with Larry and see what can be set up. Sikeston, MO. and the drag strip are located right on I 55 in southern Missouri about 2.5 hours south of St. Louis.
Larry operates a Race Car shop in House Springs, builds promod style cars. Anyway, hoping we can get enough interest to get a group together for a couple of days of fun and good food.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Re: Possibility of a 2/3 day drag strip event

Postby Louisville Lanning » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:16 am

I've left a voicemail and my number with the track manager for Jeffers to call me. No response so far. I need to follow up again it looks like.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to UPCOMING EVENTS