NECC Announces Performance Events for 2015!

Results, Details and Photos From Previous Events - Including The 2015 Knoxville CORSA Convention.

Postby Rick Andersen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 am

Dear Performance Driving Enthusiast,

www.neccmotorsports.com

NECC Motorsports announces an exciting schedule of performance-oriented events for 2015, encompassing three track days, two drag races, and one autocross. All makes and models of cars are welcome at these events.

It all begins on Saturday, June 6, at the New York Safety Track located in Harpersfield, New York. This track day will feature grouped practice sessions, driver training and individual timed laps.

The fun then moves to Tennessee as the NECC in conjunction with the Corvair V-8 Registry presents drag racing on Tuesday, June 23, just before the start of the 2015 Corvair Society of America International Convention. The action will take place at the Knoxville Dragway, just 17 miles from the convention host hotel.

The month of July sees the fourth Corvair Olympics in the Indianapolis area. This not-to-be-missed spectacular begins with a track day at Putnam Park Road course on Thursday, July 23 , followed the next day by drag racing at the famous Muncie Dragway. On Saturday, July 25, the Olympics conclude with the always popular autocross.

Rounding out this exciting summer is a return to the New Jersey Motorsports Park's Thunderbolt road course on August 10.

Prices will be announced and registration will open soon. Be sure to mark your calendars now and plan on joining us at any or all of these events!

Yours truly,
The Northeast Corvair Council d/b/a NECC Motorsports
www.neccmotorsports.com
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: NECC Announces Performance Events for 2015!

Postby pbeck » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Spoke with both Brian O'Neil and Al Lackey at the Performance Workshop and they indicated they will have the signup sheet available soon. did not say where it will be posted but I suspect the NECC website, VV, FastVairs and possibly some of the forums. There are rules for drag racing on the NECC website so if you are planning on participating read up cause there will be a tech ling similar to an AutoX event though probably not as strict.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby pbeck » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Registration is now available at the NECC website. You can print out the registration form and mail it in or you can fill it out online and submit it as well. If you check their website, they have classifications for Corvairs in drag racing competition and you need to figure out your class. They also list their rules for drag racing and you should read those.

It looks like most of the V6/V8s will be grouped together although there will probably be some additional grouping by et. You fill your form out, submit it and then send your payment to the NECC address given on their site. The fee is $69.00 for the full day, so that's not too bad.

Hope we get a great turnout !
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby VairKing » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 pm

I will probably be at the Olympics to compete in the TT with my Corvair powered racer. I probably won't drag or autoX because of time and money. I plan to go to the Convention drags, but only to spectate. Have not decided what car to bring to the Convention yet. The V8 VAIR is in a bit if disrepair, and I don't know if I could get it back together in time. Drag racing has a $trange effect on my Corvair differentials!
Ryan Counterman
The VairKing!
VairKing

Return to PAST EVENTS