V8Vair Attendance at Tacoma Convention?

Results, Details and Photos From Previous Events - Including The 2015 Knoxville CORSA Convention.

Postby Charleston Nall » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:52 pm

How many are;

1 planning to attend?

2 Bring their Cars?

I sold my last v8 Crown to Gordon Rexin of Alberta Canada and he hopes to make it.... Car has been on the road continuously since 1977 and although paint is good he is doing many upgrades to the interior to please his tastes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patio"Matt" Nall
All Vairs!
Oregon Coast
Charleston Nall

Postby Rick Andersen » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:40 pm

I'll be there with the "Norris" Edition. We're hoping to get the V8 Registry guys together at Pacific Raceways dragstrip during the week of the convention. I believe there is a "Test and Tune" on Wednesday night that week. If we can make that work, we would't have to rent the dragstrip.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: V8Vair Attendance at Tacoma Convention?

Postby Calgary Klassen » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 pm

I am planning to Flat tow my 66 Corsa Crown car to the event behind my 65 Buick Sportwagon ( I could drive her but im doing this just for looks hahaha )
I hope the combo makes it the 770 miles one way and then back home
I have my hotel room booked and will even attend the GoodGuys at the end of the week before i drag her home

I will be entering the show and would love to pit my car againt the rest just to see how it compares one never knows unless you have comparable examples
I admit this is very exciting and at 57 i can use all i can get haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Calgary Klassen on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Postby VairKing » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:53 am

I would love to go. But its too far and I am too busy. I am excited about Kentucky in 2015 though, I may even have that GTP V6 contraption presentable by then!
Ryan Counterman
The VairKing!
VairKing

Postby Louisville Lanning » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 am

Guys,

Since a few of you are already posting here to indicate your intentions to attend the Tacoma convention, I'll use your postings here to get a rough headcount for v8Registry members planning to attend the convention. As Rick Andersen indicated, a track event is in its planning stages; so if you are close enough to drive or trailer your conversion then the convention will offer you an opportunity to check your 'muscle' against the others participating. When you reply, indicate if you are planning to enter your car and we will contact you later with details.

There was mention about the 2015 convention in Kentucky. The 2015 convention is scheduled in Knoxville, TN, not KY.

The Pres
65 Corsa 4.5L Cpe
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Postby Louisville Lanning » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 am

Guys,

Since a few of you are already posting here to indicate your intentions to attend the Tacoma convention, I'll use your postings here to get a rough headcount for v8Registry members planning to attend the convention. As Rick Andersen indicated, a track event is in its planning stages; so if you are close enough to drive or trailer your conversion then the convention will offer you an opportunity to check your 'muscle' against the others participating. When you reply, indicate if you are planning to enter your car and we will contact you later with details.

There was mention about the 2015 convention in Kentucky. The 2015 convention is scheduled in Knoxville, TN, not KY.

The Pres
65 Corsa 4.5L Cpe
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to PAST EVENTS