2015 Corvair Performance Workshop

Results, Details and Photos From Previous Events - Including The 2015 Knoxville CORSA Convention.

2015 Corvair Performance Workshop

Postby Louisville Lanning » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:31 am

Guys,

It's early January, but not to soon to start planning for the CPW in March. A new venue in Kokomo, IN has been chosen for 2015. Last year the V-8 Registry had 14 members in attendance. That's as many members as participated in Tacoma at the 2014 CORSA convention. Our members should consider this regional Corvair workshop as one of our main meeting destinations as a group. Perhaps we can turn the CPW into a much bigger event than it is now. If finances permit, we will see about having a seperate get together for members at this event. Here's the details to date.

JANUARY 14th UPDATE:

Russ Brandenburg is trailering his latest V-8 Conversion to the Workshop for a 'Show & Tell' presentation during the workshop. This is a unique build that everyone will want to see.

2015 Performance Corvair Group Workshop March 6-7 2015 *** HOTEL LINK AT BOTTOM***
***NEW LOCATION***
Kokomo, Indiana “The City of Firsts” Located one hour north of Indianapolis.
The workshop will take place in the spacious Kokomo Automotive Heritage Museum which houses 100 antique vehicles including three Corvairs and a life sized machine shop diorama. There will be ample vendor space located in an adjoining 1400 sq. foot room. http://www.kokomoautomotiveheritagemuseaum.org" .
Tentative itinerary:
Friday March 6
9:30am – Noon: Opalescent Glass Factory tour ($5/person) Please RSVP to Tracy LeVeque (info listed below) or a self-guided tour of Kokomo. Still working on more car related options.

Noon – 1pm: Lunch at location of your choice. Jamies Soda Fountain, Hacienda Mexican, Louies Coney’s are all great local establishments. More info to come on those.

1:30-3:30 Private tour of local car collection
6:00 Dinner at Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery. Room reserved for 80 immediately turn to the right after entering the facility. There will be individual bills, gratuity is not included in the pricing. RSVP REQUIRED to Tracy LeVeque Libgan2004@yahoo.com . There is more room available if needed, but MUST know ahead of time to get seated as an overflow group.
Rest of the evening: Bench racing and videos in the Sycamore Room at the host hotel. (2nd floor) Pop, coffee and water provided by Circle City Corvairs. BYO alcohol which MUST BE IN A NON ALCOHOL CONTAINER- NO GLASS ALLOWED if taken outside of room.

SATURDAY 3/7
7:30am Vendor registration and set up
8:30am Registration/tour of museum.
930am Workshop begins.
1130-1230 Lunch provided by local “Best BBQ in Kokomo” Hawg Heaven. Pulled pork, homemade hot sauce and store bought mild sauce, baked beans, cookies and pop/tea/coffee/water served by Circle City Corvairs. If there is an issue with the menu, please notify Tracy LeVeque privately and other choices will be made available.
4:00 Closing
All must be out by 5pm
6:00pm 5th Annual Mexifest at the Sycamore room in the host hotel. Cost is $5/person. BYO drinks; alcohol or non-alcoholic.

HOST HOTEL: Kokomo Hampton Inn & Suites 2920 S. Reed Road, Kokomo, IN 46902.
765-455-2900. There are only 15 double queen rooms available; so if you are planning on sharing a bed, please book a KING room so that we can have more beds available. If you’re planning on NOT sharing a bed but sharing a room, please book a double room. There are 15 King rooms available. We will have the meeting room available Thursday eve thru Sunday morning free of charge by booking at least 20 rooms. Pricing is as follows:
Standard Double Queens and Standard King rooms are $104/night.
Reservations are under Performance Corvair Group:

PLEASE SEND ME A NOTE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND SO I CAN GET A HEADCOUNT.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Re: 2015 Corvair Performance Workshop

Postby Rick Andersen » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:15 pm

I don't believe I'll be able to make it.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Postby pbeck » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm

I got signed up and RSVP'd yesterday. I'll be driving over on Thursday.
Since I'm driving my truck I am giving some thought to bringing some V8 conversion pieces if anyone is interested.
I've got a complete (I think) conversion interior. Upholstered fibreglass, not in great shape but it could be rematted.
I have a Clarks V8 to Powerglide adapter, and 2 rear strut rods and 2 rear tie rods, also a set of rear springs, complete rear brake sett up (hubs, drums and shoes)

If you need something, let me know and I'll bring it.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby Louisville Lanning » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 am

So far, the following members have indicated that they will be attending the Corvair Performance Workshop on March 6 and 7 in Kokomo, IN.

Paul Beck, Russ Brandenburg, John Lanning, Jon Mar, Robert Morris

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, POST A REPLY HERE, THANKS
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Postby Cumming Levine » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Ill be there,Im bringing the Rear engine V8 car to the new owner. Mike
Mike Levine
Cumming Levine

Postby Button Groton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Assuming no more major "weather events" in the north east we will be attending for the first time. A mini vacation!!
Dave
David Button
Groton NY
1966 Crown V8 - since 1971.
My YouTube videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCb0Bh ... P6aFuqFAZw
My Crown V8 2010 rebuild here:
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv19 ... C04730.jpg
Button Groton

Postby pbeck » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Dug up some more parts I can bring if there is any interest
1965 complete differential. 3.55:1, 4 pinion, positrack. It is the diff. I had in my car behind a powerglide.
1965 differential, all internals except ring & pinion, also positrack and 4 pinion.
Set of 3.27:1 rear gears.
2 1965 dirveshafts, complete.
2 strut rods
2 stabilizer rods
Complete rear brake setup, both sides, drum style, includes rear bearings.
Lower control arm bracket.
2 rear coil springs, V8 models.
If interested, drop me an email. May have a few more pieces when I get to digging around.
Paul Beck
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby VairKing » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:41 pm

I will be there as well.
Ryan Counterman
The VairKing!
VairKing

Postby pbeck » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Just an update on parts sold.
Both differentials and sets of gears are sold as well as the Clark's Powerglide to Dorvair differential adapter.
I still have 2 drive shafts, 2 stabilizer rods as well as a lower strut center bracket and strut rods. Also complete rear hub, drum brake and springs (HD) for an LM.
Also came up with an origional brake/clutch master cylinder and mounting bracket.
Any of there can be brought to the Performance Workshop. I'll be there Thursday p.m.
Paul Beck
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Return to PAST EVENTS