The V-8 Corvair Every Chevy Guy Dreams of Building

Things Not Related To Listed Forums

The V-8 Corvair Every Chevy Guy Dreams of Building

Postby Rick Andersen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:52 am

Check out this Hot Rod Magazine article that Russ Brandenburg just sent me. Quite a car and quite a story. We need this guy to become a Registry member!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusia ... htI#page=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: The V-8 Corvair Every Chevy Guy Dreams of Building

Postby Louisville Lanning » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 am

For those wishing to consider a rear cooling setup for their V-8 Conversion, look no further than Tom Goodman's build. Here's a car using a 355 ci Chevy engine that's pumping out 500+ HP and capable of turning the 1/4 mile in 12.2 seconds at 123 mph. Apparently Tom has worked out any issues with cooling this beast from the rear.

Although Tom is not a member of the Registry and he hasn't responded to my recent letter, I'm still hoping to make contact and ask him more about this interesting and beautiful Corvair Conversion. Here's a picture of the cooling system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Re: The V-8 Corvair Every Chevy Guy Dreams of Building

Postby Bob Sandrock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 pm

I still have a copy of a car magazine with Tom's car in it from the 90s, I think it was. Back then the car was blue, with a tunnel ram and 2 4-barrels. Don't remember how I got his number, but I called him back then and talked to him about the car. He has had very little breakage for such power, so he built it right, and doesn't abuse it, and seems to have a lot of fun with the car. Would love to get him in the registry.
Bob Sandrock

Return to OFF TOPIC