fiberglass or CF hood ?

Things Not Related To Listed Forums

fiberglass or CF hood ?

Postby Richard Miller » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:18 am

looking for a fiberglass hood to modify for hood exit cooling ,, sources ? I haven't found one but I see cars with them
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Re: fiberglass or CF hood ?

Postby Rick Andersen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Let me know if you find a fiberglass or plastic one. I would also be interested. In reality, most of the guys that I have seen with air exiting hoods have used metal hoods, including Chuck Rust and John Black. Michael Svinth has made a couple of carbon fiber hoods for his car. It might be worth a call to him to see if he has one laying around. As I recall, Michael integrated Viper side body panels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Postby Richard Miller » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:53 am

hi Rick yes I have seen the pics of Michael Svinth's car on the member page ,, sent an email to John asking him to put me in touch ,, that hood would be perfect for my needs as I want to exit air at the sides ,, I have seen Chuck Rust car , pics of the Black car , and Arch's old roadster , all metal. now I will cut mine if I have to ,, but knocking some weight off of the front would be a good thing too . I have checked big commercial names in fiberglass ,, and of course Clarks used to carry them..but no luck ,, so how do I find contact info for Mr, Svinth ? thanks for reply
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby Louisville Lanning » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:04 am

Rick, as a Registry member you have access to phone numbers and home addresses for all members. Go to the 'Members Only' page and enter the password. I will send you Michael Svinth phone number by email because I don't want to post it here since non-members can read this.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Postby Bob Sandrock » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 am

David Clemons in Roanoke, VA has sold carbon fiber trunk lids. It would be worth a shot to check with him about one. He usually waits u til he has orders for 5 - 10 before he has a run made for cost savings. He will be at the Performance workshop in March at Bowling Green, It.
Bob Sandrock

Postby Doug Andress » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 am

It appears a few of us are interested in FG or CF hoods ? I for one would looking for one engine lid .
Is anybody one the west side building any ?
Doug Andress
Madeira Park B.C.
'65 / Turbo Buick V6
325-4l Transaxle, 3.36 ratio
Front mounted radiator
Doug Andress

Return to OFF TOPIC