Engine Cover Design

Upholdstry, Engine Covers, Seats, Door Panels, Firewalls And Windows

Engine Cover Design

Postby Santee Brown » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm getting ready to build an engine cover for my Crown and would like to see what others have done. I'm interested in hearing what kind of materials work best and how to best seal the engine from the interior. What kind of latches are best for holding it together, what insulation works well, how to get a good seal along the floor, etc. I can work with any material. I have an original Crown lid, but doubt I'll use it as I want easy access to the engine when required. I will have plenty of air from the rear where the back wall of the interior has holes cut in it.

Toby
Toby Brown
Rust-Free Santee CA
Santee Brown

Re: Engine Cover Design

Postby Rick Andersen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Toby,

Sounds like you must be making some headway getting the car together! You may be winning the race!

Here are a couple of shots of the engine cover in my white car. It's two pieces - the front and the top. I also fastened a piece of 1/4" X 4" aluminum on top of the front Crown sub frame that allowed me to move the engine cover to the rear, which gave me more seat travel. I also used a Dedenbear electric water pump that allow me to slope the front cover back much further at the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Return to INTERIOR