instruments for monza dash

Upholdstry, Engine Covers, Seats, Door Panels, Firewalls And Windows

instruments for monza dash

Postby Richard Miller » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 pm

I have the Monza dash in my car ,, anyone have experience with installing aftermarket gauges ,, like auto meter ,, into this dash ,, what works / fits ? mounting ideas ?
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Re: instruments for monza dash

Postby Bob Sandrock » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:35 pm

When I put a tach in the clock spot, I used the old insert and cut the face off and used the ring as a mount for the 3 1/2 inch tach. It worked great and I love the spot. Most visible gauge with a 13 inch steering wheel.
Bob Sandrock

Postby pbeck » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 pm

I installed Autometer guages in my Monza dash. Got the smallest for fuel, temp, oil press. and voltage. I think they are 2 1/8". I got a set of the guage mounts that Seth sells and then proceeded to use a small drum sander attached to a variable speed drill to gradually enlarge the guage openings till the new guages would install fairly flush with the dash face. The pockets get pretty thin especially in the rear but the end result is good. I did the same for the speedometer and also a tach. I'll see if I have any pictures and will add them if found
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby TroutmanJr » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:02 am

Here are some pictures of my dads 68 Monza dash
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TroutmanJr

Postby Richard Miller » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:51 am

thanks for the pics what is source for mounting plate ? did you fab that ? and what kind of instruments are those ? I would like to not turn this into too big of a project I have already spent so much time working on it I want to drive now , thanks again for all ideas
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby troutmch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Richard;
I installed a set of gauges into my 68 Monza last year. I took the dash to a local shop and had them make a bracket for me. I used a 4 in 1 gauge , a digital soeedo and a Digital tach from Speedhut. Worked out real well. I know that the shop keeps layouts of all their jobs. I am sure I could get one for you for their cost+shipping.
I also have photos of the mount and front/rear of the gauges.

Chap
Charles Troutman Sr.
Phoenix, Az
'68 V8 Monza
troutmch

Postby troutmch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Richard.

Point of interest on the mounting. The machining even has not only the screw mounting holes drilled where needed but also the locater tab slots.

Chap
Charles Troutman Sr.
Phoenix, Az
'68 V8 Monza
troutmch

Postby troutmch » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Richard:
Went to Farmeworks, which is where I had the original gauge backplate warejjetted. Danny still had the original program in the system and he gave me a price of $22.00 each. Don't know what the mailing would be. The mounting plate is 1/8 alum. No cost on my part.
As I stated the gauges were purchased from "Speedhut" They have a web site. If ordering suggest calling them and insuring that you order the correct model gauges. They have many different applications and lighting options available. Questions?? Feel free.
chapphx@cox.net
Charles Troutman Sr.
Phoenix, Az
'68 V8 Monza
troutmch

Postby Richard Miller » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:10 pm

very interested in plate , I have seen plates for corsa dash but nut Monza ,, will be in touch for more info , must be others out there using this dash
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby Richard Miller » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:03 pm

found thread on CCF :
firm is AMERICANFLAT6.COM
they are making a plate for Monza dash to fit aftermarket gauges

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,963377

and of course if you have Corsa dash Seth Emerson makes plate for that
Richard Miller