Mid Engine Turbo

Feel Free To Post Details And / Or Photos On Corvair Conversions Projects That Are Under Way

Mid Engine Turbo

Postby Russ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am

Tom Z, With the help of Archibald Evans I am building a mid-engine Tubro Corvair. I bought the back half of a car and cut the engine frame out. I bought a 65 Monza and Archibald is going to install the frame in the back seat. He has the adpators made and ready for a powrglide trans. I have the motor ready in my grarge. Should be interesting.
Russ Brandenburg
V8 Registry Founding Father
Russ

Re: Mid Engine Turbo

Postby Calgary Klassen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:40 pm

sounds like a great project post pictures as you go

ken
69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Postby Tom Z » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:41 am

Russ, keep posting here; I'm trying to have an adapter made to duplicate the Corvair diff 'face' from steel plate so a reversed Corvair engine will bolt to the 66-4sp in stock location, like a 'Crown' setup..unfortunately I tried to clear a thumbdrive to use again, and wiped EVERY picture from my PC--<gggrrr>
Tom Zimmerman
Rochester, N.Y.
Tom Z

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Tom, I don't know if I ever answered your question. I was flipping the rear so I would not have to run the engine in reverse. Contact Archibald Evans. He has the adaptors that we made for the trans and the rear for a powerglide. Going to use a 2.500 stall convertor so the turbo comes on when you take off. I have a rebuilt turbo motor sitting in my garage that I don't need. I also bought the back half of a car and cut the engine frame out. Archibald was going to weld this in the back seat so it looked like a stock installation. Archibald can help you.
Russ Brandenburg
V8 Registry Founding Father
Russ

Postby Maechtlen El Monte » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:40 am

How's it going -
Any photos?
or even a sketch?
Jay Maechtlen
1961 coupe, custom fiberglass skin. Buick 3.8 V-6, automatic (transverse mid-engine)
Maechtlen El Monte

Return to PROJECTS