Finally going back together!

Feel Free To Post Details And / Or Photos On Corvair Conversions Projects That Are Under Way

Finally going back together!

Postby Rick Andersen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

After too many years of being torn apart, my old Crown convertible is going back together. It had developed a massive oil leak and I just didn't have the time to tear it down to make the fix. A while back Mike McCrae and I pulled out the transaxle and bellhousing to find the craziest oil leak I've ever seen. The camshaft oil galley in the back of the block was gone! My next issue was the broken bolt that secures the shifter shaft to the Crown u-tube that connects to the shifter linkage. We actually had to cut the u-tube off in order to remove the differential.

While putting it all together, I purchased a bellhousing alignment tool and relocated the dowell pins that line up the bellhousing with the block. The V8 Registry will soon be offering to loan that alignment tool to fellow members. If you have an interest in borrowing it, feel free to contact me. It is flanged to fit a small block Chevrolet crankshaft.

I have reinstalled all the big heavy pieces and am in the process of wrapping up the shifter installation with a brand new quick shift kit that I have had sitting in my garage for at least fifteen years. It will be great to hear the open headers again one day soon!

In the mean time, I have bought another '65 Corsa, this one being a coupe that will hopefully have a Corvette Z06 drivetrain once I can find a donor car.

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Return to PROJECTS