1/3 Scale Model of V8 Vair C5 Drivetrain.

Feel Free To Post Details And / Or Photos On Corvair Conversions Projects That Are Under Way

1/3 Scale Model of V8 Vair C5 Drivetrain.

Postby Rick Andersen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 am

Since it's cold outside I have been working on my 1/3 scale model of the LS, Saginaw, C5 diff and running gear/suspension model to help me figure out some of the problems in the future. All the parts shown here I also have in full scale ( minus the Holley high ram intake ). I have not modeled the front half as of yet. That is where the most issues will be encountered. I am looking at the rear upper shock mounts and figuring out a cantilevered system maybe.

3D printing is great. Some parts are machined from aluminum. I keep adding a little at a time. Stay safe and don't catch the bug.

Keith Waters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: 1/3 Scale Model of V8 Vair C5 Drivetrain.

Postby b.ransom@sasktel.net » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:44 am

Did a crown conversion in 1975 . Just bought my original car back last week. Want c5 diff and suspension ideas. Want to run a big block powerglide or maybe the saginaw.
I like the look of the cradle in the 1/3 model. Any idea how I could do that full size? Drawnings plans ?? Thanks Bob 306 561 8068
Bob Ransom
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan Canada
'65 Crown Coupe
b.ransom@sasktel.net

Re: 1/3 Scale Model of V8 Vair C5 Drivetrain.

Postby Rick Andersen » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Bob,

I would suggest getting hold of Keith Waters. He is the one that built the model and is building a car with the real components. His phone number is 865-435-2169 and his email address is rkh2os@comcast.net.

https://www.v8registry.com/keith-waters ... gs-tn.html
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Return to PROJECTS