The Radiator Thread

Systems, Types and Experiences

The Radiator Thread

Postby VairKing » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 am

Hey guys, I am hoping we can collaborate in this thread about our different radiator setups. The hopes would be that someone building a water cooled Vair could come here and scroll through all the different setups and research what others have done.

Please post pictures of your radiator install. Please include a description with brand and size, shrouding, fans, and anything else that might be informative. Please also state what you like about it and what you don't.
Ryan Counterman
The VairKing!
VairKing

Re: The Radiator Thread

Postby VairKing » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am

I will start. This is the radiator setup in my Kelmark. It was the largest one I could squeeze in there and is a Jegs brand aluminum racing radiator. It has one 16" puller fan on the back with no fan shrouding. It is mounted in the front, with inlets cut below the bumper. Air comes through the radiator and exits out the bottom of the trunk, where the stock gas tank would go. I have never had a cooling issue, and the fan only comes on in stop and go traffic when the car is not moving. What I don't like about it is it takes up the entire front trunk space.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryan Counterman
The VairKing!
VairKing

Re: The Radiator Thread

Postby Maechtlen El Monte » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:50 pm

radiator from top looking toward driver side.jpg

Early 60's Ford radiator, tanks are modified to fit between the steering gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Maechtlen
1961 coupe, custom fiberglass skin. Buick 3.8 V-6, automatic (transverse mid-engine)
Maechtlen El Monte

Return to COOLING