What temp is considered too hot?

Systems, Types and Experiences

Re: What temp is considered too hot?

Postby sherwood park rexin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm

A correction on the fans, it's 4600 cfm's. The rad is the same diamentions as the old rad but the suction nipple is hitting the frame and the filler neck is 1.5" higher. Looks like I have to drop it down a couple of inches and cut and weld outlet nipple to make this work.
Gord
sherwood park rexin

Re: What temp is considered too hot?

Postby pbeck » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Just noticed I didn't provide an update on my new cooling setup as I had promised.
After 2 additional transmission failures, both front pump issues. I had the spacing wrong on the torque converter and thanks to my transmission builder (the 2nd unit), we fixed the problem. I was spacing the torque converter too deep in the transmission and it scored the front pump.
Those problems cured I did manage to get some longer test drives (150 miles and a couple around 100) in outside temps ranging from upper 70s to mid 90s. The new system worked great. I can set the engine temperature desired on the control unit and it never varied. You can watch the temperature climb and when it reaches the setting, the pump kicks on and the temperature starts dropping immediately. I have not had an opportunity to try it with the nitrous system (hot lapping the 1/4 mile) and that will be the big test. I only heard the fans kick on a couple of times and that was at an idle after a long run. So far, so good, very pleased with the system.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Previous

Return to COOLING