Cooling line "Support"

Systems, Types and Experiences

Cooling line "Support"

Postby Goodman Alabama » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 pm

How are you guys supporting or mounting the cooling lines from the front? Mine are going through the original tunnel and up through the floor under the cover through the firewall. I just have not come up with a mounting or clamping arrangement. I suppose in theory I could use heavy duty zip ties, but would rather have something a little more substantial.

Thanks,
John
65 Corsa Crown Coupe
Goodman Alabama

Re: Cooling line "Support"

Postby sherwood park rexin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 am

My car has u-bolts to hold the lines in place.
Gord
sherwood park rexin

Postby Goodman Alabama » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks, I have decided to use large aircraft surplus Adel clamps.
65 Corsa Crown Coupe
Goodman Alabama

Postby pbeck » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:00 pm

My cooling lines also run thru the tunnel. I suppported the lines with 1 1/2" wide X 1/8" thick aluminum straps attached to the edges of the tunnel and then used cushioned adel clamps to hold the hoses in place.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby Richard Miller » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 am

taking my cue from Paul I used aluminum at rear to support the pipe ,, but I want to put the stock tunnel cover back on ,, so at front where clearance is tight I used plumber tape / pipe strap to hold the pipe up until I get the cover back on ,, weather stripping /foam rubber on the cover will hold and cushion the pipes once it is back on. working hard on ground clearance since I have scraped more than once in the past
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby Goodman Alabama » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:17 pm

I also plan to reinstall the tunnel cover, I have to straighten out the side rails a bit also. I hope with the 1 3/4" pipe it will all fit, I also plan to mount my fuse panel between the seats, and a handbrake there as well, going to be a bit tight I believe!
65 Corsa Crown Coupe
Goodman Alabama

Postby pbeck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:52 pm

I actually opened the front of the tunnel (oval shaped) and my cooling lines with the supports are above the tunnel lips, so no ground clearance issues. I did not reinstall the tunnel cover cause I felt the additional air flow around the lines would be a little helpful. Did have the car running last weekend and the cooling system seemed to work fine. I am running both an overflow tank and a coolant recovery steam seperater tank. I'm running a "high" pressure cap on the steam tank, 24 psi, and a "normal" cap, 16 psi, on the overflow tank.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Postby Dayton Parkville » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:28 am

I was wondering about mounting the tubes in the tunnel on my car. Since there is no instruction book, I winged it. I bought some hi temp silicon cushion clamps. I placed one over each tube. I used a connection nut ( The connection nut is about an inch long. I am guess it is used like a turnbuckle and it was something I had in the bolt bin ) and an allen head stainless bolt . Once the nut was on tight, I mig welded the nut to the floorboard . I did the same in the back. Once the welds were cool, I added JB weld around the nut. The front of the tunnel cover can go back on as it was. In the back, I will have to alter the cover to fit.

John Dayton
Parkville, Md.
Dayton Parkville

Return to COOLING