Clutch slave cylinder

Clutch slave cylinder

Postby ctcarguy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:29 am

Well the transaxle is in with the new clutch and throwout bearing,. I looked at the slave cylinder and after removing many years of grease and grime and found out it was a Girling 313200. I figured that it was a good time to rebuild or replace it. The bore looks good and the metal piston has some surface imperfections. The end boot is trash. These cylinders seem hard to find. I do see some repair kits. Is there another slave cylinder anyone recommends that would not need a lot of fab work to install or just get a rebuild kit? I did note that the rod attached to the clutch arm is adjustable but there is no way to lock the adjustment. I found it turned all the way in. Maybe the jam nut was removed to get it to the length needed. The new clutch is a Dual Force.

Seems almost every part I have checked or removed are original to the 1970 build of this car. Amazing that not much had changed over the years. It seems to be time to examine and repair/replace or upgrade for safety and reliability.

Larry
Simsbury CT
Larry Boardman
Weatogue, Connecticut
ctcarguy

Re: Clutch slave cylinder

Postby Rick Andersen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Any photos?
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Postby ctcarguy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Here are some pictures. The ID is.802".
Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Larry Boardman
Weatogue, Connecticut
ctcarguy

Postby WarWagon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Same exact slave cylinder was installed in my Crown car from the original build. I opted to keep it as a good rebuildable core since it operated OK just leaked.
I replaced it with the same type of slave cylinder from Speedway motors it was $60 part # 910-25605. This new slave cylinder is a nice item and is built well but has issues from production that I told Speedway motors about. The issue is the fittings supplied with the slave cylinder have NPT threads and the slave cylinder's threads are not NPT the threads are straight.
Adam Knoll
Fairmont, W.V.
'65 Corsa 140 turbo DD
'66 Crown V8 Vair 5.3 LS
'66 Buick Riviera GS
'84 Isuzu Impulse Buick 3.8
'84 Buick Regal 3.8 blowthru turbo
'13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD
'19 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3 LT
WarWagon

Postby Maechtlen El Monte » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 am

so- how different is this from a half of a wheel cylinder?
Get the cup from a wheel cylinder repair kit for the same bore size, and external boot from ?
or, find what kind of slave cylinder has the same bore size and get a repair kit for it.
Jay Maechtlen
1961 coupe, custom fiberglass skin. Buick 3.8 V-6, automatic (transverse mid-engine)
Maechtlen El Monte

Postby Maechtlen El Monte » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:19 am

bore size is .802?
that's 20.37 mm
or 13/16 + .010

weird...
Jay Maechtlen
1961 coupe, custom fiberglass skin. Buick 3.8 V-6, automatic (transverse mid-engine)
Maechtlen El Monte

Return to TRANSMISSIONS, SHIFTERS, CLUTCHES AND DIFFERENTIALS