65 Corsa Coupe

Check This Category For Cars That Are For Sale And Cars That Are Wanted.

65 Corsa Coupe

Postby Bob Bauer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Gentlemen
I have had this car for 4 years and due to family and health, I am not going to be able to finish it.
https://www.v8registry.com/bob-bauer--- ... gs-mo.html
I have a very long list of all new items, replaced, rebuilt, refurbished. To complete this car, one will need to rewire it,
and add an interior. I believe this to be an original Crown conversion, still has the 215 Buick mounts
It currently has a brand new fully rebuilt 283, .30 over, power pack heads, never started yet, with Edelbrock intake and carb.
Brakes have been completely rebuilt from scratch, including the hard lines.
Suspension upgrades, nylon bushings. Corvette wheels, new Cooper tires 215x50x15
New gas tank, water pump, alternator, exhaust [NOS Crown headers], clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, starter, motor mounts, steering box,
fuel pump distributor [billet] HEI and more.

Body is straight, and very decent, but for a show car, it would need some minor work and paint. Car was formerly flat track raced in Illinois, and Southern states in the 60-80's
The only rust is a few pin holes in the floors.
Pix are available on request
I have 9K in it, asking 7K.

Bob Bauer
Bob Bauer
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown conversion
House Springs, Missouri
Show Me Corvair Club
Bob Bauer

Re: 65 Corsa Coupe

Postby Randolph Galek » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:57 pm

Bob - Sorry to hear you never got the chance to finish your car. I have several Crown factory seat /engine cover assemblies here in NJ if that would help you finish or sell the car.

I’d also be very interested in buying back the headers I sold you. A set of factory ram horn corvette style cast exhausts actually work well for a street car and are noticeably quieter.

Do you have any other uninstalled parts for sale?

Chet
Chet Galek
Randolph, New Jersey
Randolph Galek

Re: 65 Corsa Coupe

Postby Bob Bauer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Chet

I appreciate the offer however:

I mounted the headers and had a custom exhaust built from the headers out the rear quarters. All neat and tidy.
I have nothing else unmounted except the radiator which is a custom 3 row aluminum, but it wouldn't take much to get it bolted in.

The cooling lines were custom made and installed, ready to meet the radiator. The only thing unmounted is the electric fan

Bob
Bob Bauer
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown conversion
House Springs, Missouri
Show Me Corvair Club
Bob Bauer

Return to CARS FOR SALE & CARS THAT ARE WANTED