FLA '66 283 Crown $4800 OBO

Check This Category For Cars That Are For Sale And Cars That Are Wanted.

FLA '66 283 Crown $4800 OBO

Postby Charleston Nall » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Patio"Matt" Nall
All Vairs!
Oregon Coast
Charleston Nall

Re: FLA '66 283 Crown $4800 OBO

Postby Mannyd » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Good find. Of course this goes for sale when I already started my project. And it's in my state at that! Please somebody buy it so I don't get tempted.....
Manny DeCastro
Port Charlotte, Florida
Mannyd

Postby Louisville Lanning » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:57 am

The price is right and it will make a nice 'template' for your personal build. Go ahead and buy it and then sell later, if you can part with it.

See you next week in Knoxville. We can discuss your build further at the convention.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Postby Mannyd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:30 am

Well the temptation was to much and went to see it. The guy said he would take 3,500 so I rented a car dolly. He claims he took it in on a trade and didn't know much. Just a spot of rust in lower windshield, but " real good " for a 50 year old car in his country accent. I asked him if we can test drive it when I get there he said sure. Well 8 hour drive later I drove into the driveway and see the car parked on the lawn. Not bad first impression . About 15 ft away it starts to fall apart . Half filled tires imbedded where it seemed to sit for quite awhile, windshield cracked right across, bondo with lines of rot bottom windshield frame. Missing some trim pieces . Go down round rocker area, all rot spots popping out through out. He starts the car, no smoke, but little oil pressure on the gauge. No other gauges appear to work wires exposed. I reached under car to try and knock on floors. With car sunken in barely can reach. Well I sit in car and work clutch and shifter, and that seemed ok. Basically nice car back in the seventies, but a rottening , smelly , unroad worthy p.o.s. With a bigger P.O.S. Of a Owner. I was so angry I turned and walked away. He had the nerve to shout it will just sit here , don't cost me no money. Well I drove out of his town filled with Confederate flags back on another 8 hour drive home. If your interested and have questions give me a call. Mike Levine I'm buying your transmission and finishing my car . See you at the convention!
Manny DeCastro
Port Charlotte, Florida
Mannyd

Postby Charleston Nall » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Sad, when people use old pics.....
Patio"Matt" Nall
All Vairs!
Oregon Coast
Charleston Nall

Postby Louisville Lanning » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Manny, I'm sorry that this car was so badly misrepresented and that I encouraged you to check it out. Seems like honesty and integrity have vanished from our society. Buyer Beware!
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to CARS FOR SALE & CARS THAT ARE WANTED