1966 Custon V-8 Coupe in Sydenham, Ontario, CAN

Check This Category For Cars That Are For Sale And Cars That Are Wanted.

1966 Custon V-8 Coupe in Sydenham, Ontario, CAN

Postby Louisville Lanning » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm

John Haney at jphaney@kos.net has an unfinished car to sell. He can't finish the project. Here's what he posted:

It is a Corvair 1966 2 door. Been chemically stripped but the bottom still needs scraping off. Needs front of drivers rear fender cut out and replaced. Need to buy one. Crumpled passengers side buy passengers window replaced, I have that. Custom built mid engineered frame for Chevy V8, capable of holding 800 HP. Roll cage not done yet. Frame has independent suspension units front and back. Needs roll cage built with shock mounts etc. Has short block V8 Chevy, good standard pistons and rings, roller cam, roller followers no timing gears. Valued at 4200.00 USD. Has 8 throated 2 3/16 manifold, 202 or 206 cast iron heads(require rebuilding) magneto ignition and tac, 12 7/8" X 1 1/2" front disks with JFZ 4 piston calipers, and 12" X 1 3.8" rear discs, 5 brake cooling fans, 3 brand new gas level sending units, 18" X 13" 5X5 bolt pattern, rear Aluminium composites, 18" X 12" Front rims, same as the rear, GT 1 rear wing, small repair, raque and pinion Volvo unit, custom made Rear uprights and inner spindle's, no bolt pattern made yet to mount rims, large snorkel for top of car, not yet fitted( wanted a more modern look to it. Dry sump oil tank, power steering oil tank, rear axles new from Tornado Riviera, not cut down yet, Winters quick change rear ens with 3.08 gears and spiral for quietness and the list goes on. I have some stuff I don't remember. Building up with over sized every thing to increase it's reliability factor as well. So was the plan. I figured that it needs new front A arms and 8" uprights to make the ........... ground level lower for better cornering. Had it since about 1988. No time, construction management, flying coast to coast till 1999, hit head on by drunk. = the end of every thing. Head is nor right, no energy, hit head on again April 2018. = the official end.... ahhhh to every thing. now I have so much time but can't think straight and work at the same time. I guess it was never ment for me to build it. With no energy I can't see me finishing it nor enough money to have some else to build it for me. Time to let it go.

Owner has $20,000 CAN invested. The engine is valued at $4,000 USD. The car is totally disassembled in the owner's shop. Stored inside since 1988.

MAKE OFFER
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to CARS FOR SALE & CARS THAT ARE WANTED