61 Rampside V-8 in Oklahoma City

Check This Category For Cars That Are For Sale And Cars That Are Wanted.

61 Rampside V-8 in Oklahoma City

Postby Louisville Lanning » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:22 am

There's a sharp looking red Rampside V-8 Conversion for sale in Oklahoma City, OK. Here's the details:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Chevrolet ... Sw4oFcvQ1n

Up for auction is my 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Model 95 Rampside “Mid Engine” Hot Rod Pickup.

The engine is a SBC 406 cubic inch is fed through 2 Holley 4 barrel carbs and an Edelbrock Tunnel Ram manifold, coupled to a custom built 2 speed Power Glide manual shift transmission with a 3500 stall convertor, a cable operated Lokar shifter makes the shifts to a S10 Chevy rear axle. Custom built fuel tank holds approx 15 gallons. Engine/trans has approx 5000 miles since it was built. GPS speedometer, dash mounted tachometer with shift light and also houses the oil pressure and water temperature gauges.

The 406 Chevy V8 is cooled by an electric Moroso water pump and an aluminum radiator with two electric fans located at the tailgate. The engine has a great sounding cam with a bumpy idle that runs as well as it sounds.

Chrome wheels are in excellent condition with like new tires, the fronts are 225/40/18 and the rears are 235/50/18 which gives the truck a pro street stance.

Interior is very nice, aftermarket steering wheel and floor mats. Comes with original am radio but it doesn't work. Has all the original glass, none is cracked or broken but the door glass could use some new channels and weatherstrip. The door seals/weatherstrip are good and aluminum door edge sill plate protectors are new. The rampside door and tailgate are operational.

The bright red paint is in excellent overall condition and has a deep smooth shine. Truck is a very nice driver. I hate to sell it but with my recent health issues I can’t enjoy it anymore. If you want something different and unique, this should fit the bill, as there’s not many of these Rampsides left.

Please contact Keith at 405-209-7912 by phone or text if you have any questions. Inspections are welcome. If you need additional information or pics, please contact me. Truck is being sold as is where is with no warranty. A $1,000.00 paypal deposit is required within 24 hrs of auction end and the balance to be paid either cash in person or bank wire transfer within 7 days of auction end. Buyer is responsible to make arrangements for pickup and/or shipping of vehicle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Re: 61 Rampside V-8 in Oklahoma City

Postby pbeck » Fri May 03, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm thinking this Rampy was sold at the Sullivan Auto Auction in Illinois a year or two ago. I seem to recall that particular engine setup. I didn't attend but did do some followup on prices. This is a no reserve setting and IIRC the truck brought 18,000. Could be mistaken on the high side.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Return to CARS FOR SALE & CARS THAT ARE WANTED