Lexan rear windows for LMs

Check This Category For Both Parts That Are For Sale And Parts That Are Wanted

Lexan rear windows for LMs

Postby pbeck » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Paul Siano has been in contact with a Lexan racing window supplier and currently there are 3 of us that will be ordering windows for a total of 4 assemblies. The company has indicated that if we can generate 2 more orders, they can give us a discount (6 is the break point). These are 3/16" thickness, clear with anti-scratch treatment on both sides. They are NOT vented but I've been doing a little searching and may have come up with an alternative to the formed vent.
If you have any interest please contact either Paul Siano or myself off list for more information.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Re: Lexan rear windows for LMs

Postby Santee Brown » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:30 am

Hi Paul,
Can you post a pic or drawing of your alternate venting you are suggesting to replace the formed vent? I have a sheet of 3/16" polycarbonate and intend to form my own rear window, but haven't really addressed the venting issue.

Thanks,
Toby
Toby Brown
Rust-Free Santee CA
Santee Brown

Re: Lexan rear windows for LMs

Postby pbeck » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 pm

Sorry Toby, I don't check the forum as often as I should.
Don't have the window yet, the first edition is in the process of being fitted .
My idea was to cut a horizontal vent near the top and then use 2 round Snap Vents on each side. I'll form the horizontal vent using some tapered wedges and a heat gun. I did some practice cuts and bends on an extra piece of 3/16" lexan. Cuts good with a jigsaw. The Snap Vents install in 3 1/4" holes cut with a good hole saw and cleaned up with a small sanding drum.
I'm going to try to come up with some wind testing information. Surely someone has done some testing. If I have to do it myself I'll use some yarn pieces and two leaf blowers. Once I get some airflow information then I'll try doing some mockups. Thankfully I'll have all winter.
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Return to PARTS FOR SALE & PARTS THAT ARE WANTED