Big Saginaw and C5

Check This Category For Both Parts That Are For Sale And Parts That Are Wanted

Big Saginaw and C5

Postby jsailp77 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Can we talk , now i know some of you are using this setup I have been trying for weeks to get a place ,person or spiritual advisor my car is tore apart and up on jack stands . I have the 2 main parts can some one get me to a person that can help me . I will buy the parts from you or let me in on where they can be made . Thank you very much. Please HELP Me John
John Palladini
Baden, Pa.
'66 Mid Engine Corsa
jsailp77

Re: Big Saginaw and C5

Postby Randolph Galek » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 pm

There isn’t a doubt that the C5 diff is stronger than the Corvair diff but can anyone detail why the big car Saginaw is better than the Corvair Saginaw in a Crown setup?

Could the Corvair Saginaw be modified to get it to a similar strength?

Thanks
Chet
Chet Galek
Randolph, New Jersey
Randolph Galek

Postby Richard Miller » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 pm

check this thread here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=384 both Mike Levine and Arch Evans are mentioned as sources ,, I don't know contact info for them ,, try contacting John Lanning or Rick Andersen here and they can arrange to get that to you I imagine ,, I don't know about strength of big car versus corvair Saginaw ,, I believe they are much the same but shifter is different and no adapter would be needed to mate big car to bellhousing ,, anyone else have knowledge of that?
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby Louisville Lanning » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

John Palladini called me this morning. As many of you know, Bob Depalo in AR is building a C5/BC 4-speed Saginaw car for Mark Allen. Bob is detailing all his work with videos and complete drawings. His plan is to offer this information to members who wish to build their own cars. For those who are not set up or who don't feel qualified, Bob plans to offer a kit very much like Ted Trevor did with his Crown conversion. Mark's car is expected to be finished near Christmas.

I suggested that John call Bob to receive some 'words of wisdom' on his project since both are very similar. For others planning to upgrade their Crown cars, Bob is more than willing to talk about what involved and required to make this transition.
John Lanning
President - V8 Registry
President - Derby City Corvair Club
'65 Corvair / Mid Engine Cadillac Conversion
Louisville Lanning

Return to PARTS FOR SALE & PARTS THAT ARE WANTED