Electronic Fuel Injection

Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources

Electronic Fuel Injection

Postby Rick Andersen » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Got the EFI all finished up and youngest son, Nick, came out on Tuesday to help with the initial fire up. Too many new fuel line and pressure settings to see it all at one time. Got the primary information plugged into the little (3.5") handheld screen, basically engine size, cam (stock or mild), and fuel to air ratio requested, set the tps travel and light it up. Fired right up and hunted around for about a minute and then started settling down. It was great not to have the over rich exhaust running us out of the shop after the first couple of minutes. It got the timing set and the idle right. Now I just need to get it out on the road so it can continue with the learn cycle. That will be a little while, waiting for the weather plus I'm re doing my right axle shaft. I need the axle to be a little longer. I've got a replacement axle and have it all disassembled, now have to pull the old one and then get some measurements. I've got a local shop I'm going to check with about cutting and resplining so we'll see.

Paul Beck
V8 Registry Treasurer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: Electronic Fuel Injection

Postby pbeck » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm

I ended up sending the axle off to Moser to be cut to length, new splines cut and a new snap ring groove cut. I checked a couple of different shops and the prices are about the same ($100) plus shipping. Axle is now installed and camber and toe set, at least to my satisfaction, and short road test. I still need to add an additional temperature sensor. The Terminator ECU assumes the engine is cold when you try to restart after driving, consequently it floods easily. I've got the new fitting and sensor ordered (and would already have them if the USPS didn't screw up) and then should only take a short time to install. Also went online and downloaded programs from Holley to upgrade the system for nitrous control.
So far the car seems much more responsive and doesn't have any tip in hesitation. Life is good..................

For those going, I'll look forward to seeing you at the Performance Workshop ! !
Paul Beck
65 Monza Crown Conversion
V8Registry, Treasurer
CORSA
PCCA
pbeck

Return to ENGINES