Crown style engine intake air flow.

Questions, Comments And Photos Specific To Crown Conversions And / Or Ted Trevor

Re: Crown style engine intake air flow.

Postby Richard Miller » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:57 am

so you say " at speeds of 110-115mph the Crown seat will lift up and float with me sitting still driving the car "
that is too funny ,,,
seriously , I got a low pressure manometer and mounted it to dashboard of my V8 ,, and then drove around taking readings of pressure around different spots on the car .
not a great idea , trying to drive and read the instrument ,, but ,,I wanted to know why interior always gets heat from engine ,,
turns out that with windows down interior is lowest pressure area on car , area under car and behind rear window are higher .
Ted Trevor recommended driving with windows up and foot well vents open ,, this will allow air to flow into the interior and out thru engine area..
yeah , I don't like driving with the windows up ..but a little , very little, pressure over a large area like the crown seat cover will generate a lot of force , enough to pick you up .. so the obvious solution is for you to do what the rest of us have done ,,, GAIN WEIGHT ,,

and by the way ,, if you signature line is not a typo ....
an '82 regal with 401 NAILHEAD ?????? !!!!!!!!
you really like to not follow the crowd ,, DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby WarWagon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks Richard. No typo I had the first Nailhead into a G body, now there is another one and that guy beat me to have his legal and on the road though.

I've had to drive with the windows up and floor vents open in the past when headers leaked bad, drives it right out of the cabin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adam Knoll
Fairmont, W.V.
'65 Corsa 140 turbo DD
'66 Crown V8 Vair 5.3 LS
'66 Buick Riviera GS
'84 Isuzu Impulse Buick 3.8
'84 Buick Regal 3.8 blowthru turbo
'13 Suzuki SX4 6spd AWD
'19 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3 LT
WarWagon

Postby Goodman Alabama » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 pm

What holes are you guys referring to regarding the headliner "inflating? My car is still "in progress" and I would like to know what to plug to keep this from happening. I do plan to install a full headliner at some point, but I also would like to use my roll bar as a divider for now. i may build an enclosure at some point, but I don't want to destroy a new headliner!
65 Corsa Crown Coupe
Goodman Alabama

Postby Richard Miller » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:31 pm

at the rear of the car where the roof drops down ,, I believe it is called "C" pillar .. but that last pillar next to the rear window ,, at the bottom there is an opening and with a crown type cover the pressure that floats the seat as mentioned above , blows up into a passage that runs all along the roof line , there are other holes in it along its length and the air vents into the space above the headliner ,, kind of long winded description there ,, I think if you go and look at bottom of that rear pillar you will see the hole ,, I used an expanding foam and shot it in there ,,covering the hole would also work
Richard Miller
West Covina, Ca
'65 V8 Vair
Richard Miller

Postby Goodman Alabama » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Thanks, I thought those were the ones but wanted to check!
65 Corsa Crown Coupe
Goodman Alabama

Postby Calgary Klassen » Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 am

I installed this cold air intake and it made a huge difference

IMG_8941-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Previous

Return to CROWN CONVERSIONS