Shoulder Belts

Upholdstry, Engine Covers, Seats, Door Panels, Firewalls And Windows

Shoulder Belts

Postby Rick Andersen » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Does anyone have any experience installing shoulder type seat belts in a Corvair convertible - without a roll bar?
Rick Andersen
Vice President - V8 Registry
V8 Registry Webmaster
'65 Crown V8 Corsa Convertible
Rick Andersen
Site Admin

Re: Shoulder Belts

Postby Dayton Parkville » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm adding shoulder belts to my coupe and it does not have a roll bar. I was able to mount the retractor unit and main belt to the 4 x 4 frame connectors that my car has. I am going to drill a hole ( 3/4 " ) in the upper portion of the door frame to allow me to put a nut on the bolt to hold the anchor ( ??? ) portion. I'll post some pictures when I get to the upper part. I'm not sure if it will actually go over my shoulder correctly but should be close enough
John Dayton
Parkville, Md.
Dayton Parkville

Re: Shoulder Belts

Postby Dayton Parkville » Sat May 09, 2020 3:10 pm

I did the installation of my 3 point seatbelts in my coupe. I do not have a roll bar. I do have frame connectors made out of 2 X 4 thick wall rectangular tubing welded to another piece of 2 X 4 r4ectangular tubing. I decided to mount the rewind cannister to the frame rail. I drilled the hole and welded an insert into the frame rail. I did the same type of mount on the interior window frame. IS it the best and real safe ? Hell if I know !!! If I get into an accident and the seat belt is put to the test, I'm probably dead anyway

IMG_43661.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Dayton
Parkville, Md.
Dayton Parkville

Return to INTERIOR