Headers

Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources

Headers

Postby ctcarguy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Getting closer every day to the completion of my Crown rebuild. I call it Project Snowball. Started with a bad throwout bearing and you can guess how it got its name. Currently the 1965 Corvette 327 has a set of shorty painted headers turned upside down leading into a collector. Looks a lot like boats that water cool their exhaust. I want to upgrade to a header that goes down not up like now so I can put an engine cover on. Suggestions? Looking or good sound and street performance.
Larry

1965 Crown
1956 Thunderbird
1965 Monza Convertible
Possibly a 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix convertible (negotiating now)
Larry Boardman
Weatogue, Connecticut
ctcarguy

Re: Headers

Postby Bossier City Pinard » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm

I have a complete exhaust system that I ran for a short time on my Crown V8. I just listed it on Ebay at a very reasonable start price. The item number is 322002254573. Most all pieces are stainless steel and when installed is problem free. The only difficult part is installing the big tube headers. Thanks, L
Louis Pinard
Bossier City Pinard

Postby Dayton Parkville » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:48 pm

my conversion is not a crown but I think the basics are about the same. I was dreading what to do about headers. A buddy of mine said let's just make them. It was not nearly as hard as I thought. If you can do the conversion, you should be able to do your own headers. The units mentioned above ^^^^^^^^^ are great looking and with only a few minutes left, a great deal. You couldn't even buy the base material for that price

Here is the ones I built

John Dayton
Parkville, Md.
Dayton Parkville

Postby Calgary Klassen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Nice looking headers
69 GS 400 Convert
37 Chev 2 DR Sedan street rod
65 Buick Sportwagon
70 Buick Skylark 2 DR HT
69 Corvair powered buggy ( Crown conversion )
66 Corvair Corsa Crown V8 mid engine conversion
SOLD 68 Corvair Monza Kelmark V8 mid engine conversion SOLD
Calgary Klassen

Postby Modesto Hargrove » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:48 pm

I used an early Corvette SB V8 headers in my conversion. I did build my own custom subframe which clears down headers.

Doug Hargrove
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modesto Hargrove

Return to ENGINES